How are your bellies feeling? Full? Happy? or… bloated and uncomfortable? Hopefully NOT bloated and uncomfortable, but if you do feel some discomfort–maybe we can help! We are going to talk about digestion and some simple things you can do to help boost the health of your digestive tract!
Did you know?
- About 80% of your immune system lives in your gastrointestinal tract
- Over 500 different types of bacteria live inside you
- About 95% of our bodies Seratonin is found in the bowels (perhaps why eating makes us so happy or not)
- There are over 100 million neurons that line the entire digestive track (more than the neurons in our spine!)
- The bacteria living in your gut have the ability to communicate with your brain and influence your mood and behavior
There is still so much to discover about the workings of our digestive system and how it plays a VITAL role in the health of our WHOLE body. Some scientists call our gut our “second brain” but as research continues, scientists are realizing that the gut may be our main control center for the function of our entire body. That is why it is important to begin your health journey by restoring the health of your gut. Almost all ailments and dis-ease stem from poor health of the digestion tract. How can you BEGIN restoring the health of your gut? Obviously, adding more fruits and vegetables is a dead give-away to boost gut health. You can start with small changes first- that’s KEY! Here are some great supplements that will spearhead the way!
- Take a tablespoon or more of aloe vera juice prior to consuming food–even though you eat healthy, your nutrients may not be fully absorbing. Adding Aloe helps prime all the internal tissue so that MAXIMUM nutrients will absorb. This is great for leaky gut syndrome.
- Add a scoop of powdered greens to your daily regimen– this is a convenient way to start regaining good bacteria and to help detox the whole body (remember that your food will either feed good bacteria or bad bacteria– choose wisely because they will tell your brain how to feel and what to crave)
- Take a high potency probiotic to help re-colonize good bacteria (when good bacteria flourishes, our immune system, brain function, and heart health THRIVES)
If you start with JUST those three things (or even just ONE) and slowly start replacing the “bad food” with “whole food” you will FEEL a difference. Side benefits will include– better focus, more energy, better sleep, better bowel movements (haha we love a good B.M.), better mood, better stamina, less pain, and possibly more! There are other things that can help boost the health of your gut but we think that starting small makes BIG changes.
Other products to help with boosting the health of your digestion:
As always, do what you feel is best for YOUR body– if you aren’t sure, ask your doctor. We are health ENTHUSIASTS not licensed practitioners.