Last week The World Tea Expo was in town showcasing some of the most influential tea growers from all over the world. Since we are big fans of all things tea, we were inspired to share some of the health benefits of Green Tea! Let’s take a sip…
- Polyphenols- Micronutrients that give plants their color and help provide powerful nutrients to our bodies.
- Catechins (EGCg)– Flavanols that are loaded with antioxidants
- L-Theanine– An amino acid that increases dopamine levels and calms the nervous system.
- GABA- A Neurotransmitter that also calms the nervous system
- Chlorophyll- A green pigment that helps absorb light and deliver energy to the plant (natural deodorant).
- Minerals- Potassium, Calcium, Phosphorus, Manganese, etc.
- Vitamins- Vitamins C, B2, E, Folic Acid, and Beta Carotene
That being said, these ingredients help and support your body in numerous ways! Let’s take another sip…
Health Benefits of Green Tea:
- Supports cardiovascular system:
- helps reduce cholesterol, blood pressure, and cardiovascular dis-eases
- Reduces Inflammation
- Improves bone density
- Helps support memory
- Induces a sense of calm and well being (GABA and L-Theanine)
- Prevents Cancer
- Helps reduce body fat
Can you believe that all of this is in just ONE cup? That’s why we love Green Tea. Not because of the way it tastes (although it’s pretty delicious), but because of the way it makes you FEEL. And can you believe it helps burn fat and is a great way to help digest food? Yep. If you’re not a tea fan, you can receive similar benefits by supplementing with it. We’ve got you covered– we have Green Tea extract in capsule form.
What’s in your cup?
Green Tea Challenge: Try replacing your morning coffee for a cup of green tea at least three times per week and see if you can feel a difference.